Staying Focused on the Children!

WELCOME to my dream. It's been a busy year so please check back often to see my past, current, and future teaching endeavors!

Inspiration: My students inspire me in making connections that are meaningful to them. Providing instruction and lessons that are rich in creativity, developed with authenticity and applicable to real-world experiences. Motivation: My motivation is fueled by the remarkable and talented teachers who consistently explore new strategies, embrace improvement, and enthusiastically collaborate with colleagues. May this heart-filled blog ignite your creativity and spark goodness in all that you do! #kindnessisfree Sleep is optional when breakthroughs can be made!

xoxo~Erika

A Beautiful Garden of Children

A Beautiful Garden of Children
First & Curious...Can you find your hands?

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Class Dojo






Last year I had the opportunity to work for a few months with a super-challenging class. As I was challenged with short attention and defiant behaviors in the classroom I sampled and searched for possible classroom management/classroom discipline tools that would accommodate this busy moving class. In my search I came across ClassDojo an online behavior management tool.


This classroom management tool allows you to customize both positive and negative awards to your classroom rules. Students can earn points for positive behaviors and lose points for negative behaviors. It is very easy to set up with your class list. Each student is assigned an avatar. (Students can customize their own avatars.)






There is also a mobile app that allows teachers to activate student accounts anytime anyplace. (On the playground, on field trips, in lunchroom...)

ClassDojo also allows a unique tool for parental involvement. Parents can track and print their children’s individual reports weekly.

I find ClassDojo to be one of the greatest “Free” online tools for managing student behavior.


Click here to get STARTED!











No comments:

Post a Comment